So I've been trying out lots of different ways to haul Maya around lately, because there are just times that she wants to be held, but I have to get things done. I have done lots of research on baby wearing and made several different slings, including an adjustable ring sling and a pouch sling, but I have found my favorite way to wear her. A friend had a what is called a Moby wrap and the pictures I saw of her wearing her daughter looked awesome and she kept saying it was way comfortable, so we decided to make some. It litterally is a huge long piece of fabric that you wrap around you in various ways and then stick baby in it. I've only tried one way so far, we are trying to get that down before we try anymore. Maya likes it, is very secure, and seems comfortable and it is by far the most comfortable. So here's a few pics!


Even Ricky tried it out and said it was comfortable! So he may be wearing it when we go out hiking or doing various activities in the summer. It also isn't too girly so he didn't mind too much.

Ok, so I have had some requests for instructions for this wrap, so here's how to make one, and here's the instructions of how to wear the wrap.
3 comments:
Alex hated being carried in a baby carrier until just recently. Now that he's old/big enough to wear him on my back, he loves it. We use the Ergo Baby Carrier--very comfortable, very secure, and Alex likes it. You can use it with baby in the front, on your side, or on your back. Alex will only allow me to wear him on my back.
Do you have a website that shows how to wrap/tie the fabric in the way you did in the pictures?
That looks cool. Maybe I will attempt to make one and try it out.
Oh my goodness I just love my Moby D!
Post a Comment